R visa for Religious Workers

You should apply for a Religious worker R visa if you plan to enter the US in order to work in a religious entity. You qualify as a religious worker if you are authorized by a recognized religious entity to conduct religious worship. Additionally, you must be a member of a religious denomination which has a nonprofit religious organization in the U.S. You should also have been a member of this denomination for two years before applying for a Religious Worker visa (R visa).

 Anyone (inc children) wishing to visit the USA who is not from one of the visa waiver countries must apply for a non-immigrant visa.

How to Apply

To apply for a US visa, you must complete the following the steps:

1. Pay the IVT service fee for checking, processing and scheduling an appointment:

2. ALL visa applicants must complete the online DS-160 application form and print the confirmation page:

3. Download the U.S. Visa appointment form:

4. Email or fax the U.S. Visa appointment form to info@immigrationvisaforms.com or fax it to 1-877-770-7096.

5. On receipt of your application form and payment, your data will be reviewed and forwarded to the Processing Department.

6. The next step is to wait for us to contact you. We will notify you of the date and place of your Visa Interview which will be at a US Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live.


To qualify for a US religious visa, an applicant must prove the following at the US visa interview:

  • They are going to the US to conduct religious worship for a non-profit religious entity;
  • They will stay for a fixed length of time;
  • They can prove they have enough money to cover their accommodation and expenses whilst in the US;
  • They have been physically present outside the U.S. for the immediate prior year, if they have previously spent five years in this category.

You should take original documentation  to back up the above points.

US Visa Fees

In order to get a non-immigrant U.S. visa, you will need to pay several fees. Everyone has to pay the visa application fees. Some applicants may also have to pay additional issuance fee in case the visa is issued.



   Total Cost

  • US Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee)

   $190.00 per person*


  • IVT Service Fee

   $99.99 per person





   * Please note: Some countries may also charge a visa reciprocity fee.

  1. US Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee): will be paid with the credit card provided on the application form. Each applicant, including children, are required to pay a non-refundable and non-transferrable visa applciation fee.
  2. IVT Service Fee: must be paid through PayPal for application review, checks, processing and interview scheduling.


If you wish to apply directly with the government, please visit the official government website.

The IVT service fee must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form.

Length of Stay

Applicants should apply well in advance of their intended visit and should not book travel before a visa has been granted. Your visa may be valid for several years, but the immigration officer at your port of US entry will determine how long you can stay in the country each time you land.

You must leave the USA on or before the date the Immigration Officer authorized when you entered the country. You can find this date on your Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94. If you fail to leave the United States your visa will be revoked and you may not be able to reapply for a new visa at a later date.

R visa applicants can apply to extend their visa or to change your status to another US visa type once they are in the United States and so long as they have not violated the terms of their stay.

Visiting the U.S.
Holding a valid visa does not guarantee entry into America; this is decided at the port of entry by the U.S. immigration officer reviewing your documents. On arrival, the immigration officer will inspect your passport and visa and present you with Form I-94. On this form, the officer will record the length of time you can stay in the US, this may be different to the term specified on your visa. You must leave the US on or before the date logged on the I-94 document. Failure to do so will prevent you from obtaining future entry into the US.

Visa Process
The non-immigrant visa process consists of two steps; Filing an application form with a US Embassy or Consulate in your country of permanent residence and attending a mandatory visa interview with a Consular official who will decide your eligibility for a visa. applicants aged under 14 or over 79 do not have to attend an interview. Some countries require two interviews.
Satisfaction Guaranteed

We stand behind the quality of our services.