Border Crossing Card | Laser Visa for Mexican Nationals

You should apply for a Border Crossing Card if you are a Mexican national who wishes to make business or pleasure trips to the USA. This visa provides the same status and benefits as the B1/B2 business and visitor visa.

It can be issued in two formats: as a laminated card, similar to a credit card, or as a visa in one’s passport. Border crossing cards are issued to Mexican citizens and are usually valid for travel to the U.S. for ten years after issuance.

Anyone (inc. children) who wishes to visit the US from Mexico must apply for a non-immigrant visa.

How to Apply

To apply for a US visa, you must complete the following the steps:

1. Pay the IVT service fee for checking, processing and scheduling an appointment:

2. ALL visa applicants must complete the online DS-160 application form and print the confirmation page:

3. Download the U.S. Visa appointment form:

4. Email or fax the U.S. Visa appointment form to or fax it to 1-877-770-7096.

5. On receipt of your application form and payment, your data will be reviewed and forwarded to the Processing Department.

6. The next step is to wait for us to contact you. We will notify you of the date and place of your Visa Interview which will be at a US Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live.


To qualify for a US Border Crossing Card, an applicant must prove the following at the US visa interview:

  • They are citizens of and resident in Mexico.
  • They hold a valid Mexican passport
  • They must prove their ties to Mexico that would compel them to return after a temporary visit to the U.S.
  • They are going to the US purely for a holiday or medical treatment;
  • They will stay for a fixed length of time;
  • They can prove they have enough money to cover their accommodation and expenses whilst in the US;

You should take original documentation to back up the above points.

US Visa Fees

In order to get a non-immigrant U.S. visa, you will need to pay several fees. Everyone has to pay the visa application fees. Some applicants may also have to pay additional issuance fee in case the visa is issued.



   Total Cost

  • US Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee)

   $160.00 per person*


  • IVT Service Fee

   $99.99 per person





   * Please note: Some countries may also charge a visa reciprocity fee.

  1. US Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee): will be paid with the credit card provided on the application form. Each applicant, including children, are required to pay a non-refundable and non-transferrable visa applciation fee.
  2. IVT Service Fee: must be paid through PayPal for application review, checks, processing and interview scheduling.


If you wish to apply directly with the government, please visit the official government website.

The IVT service fee must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form.

Length of Stay

Border Crossing Cards are valid for a period of 10 years permitting multiple visits across the US – Mexican border. Children may be issued with a shorter validity period. The immigration officer at your port of US entry will determine how long you can stay in the country each time you land.

You must leave the USA on or before the date the Immigration Officer authorized when you entered the country. You can find this date on your Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94. If you fail to leave the United States your visa will be revoked and you may not be able to reapply for a new visa at a later date.

BCC visa applicants can apply to extend their visa or to change your status to another US visa type once they are in the United States and so long as they have not violated the terms of their stay.


Visiting the U.S.
Holding a valid visa does not guarantee entry into America; this is decided at the port of entry by the U.S. immigration officer reviewing your documents. On arrival, the immigration officer will inspect your passport and visa and present you with Form I-94. On this form, the officer will record the length of time you can stay in the US, this may be different to the term specified on your visa. You must leave the US on or before the date logged on the I-94 document. Failure to do so will prevent you from obtaining future entry into the US.

Visa Process
The non-immigrant visa process consists of two steps; Filing an application form with a US Embassy or Consulate in your country of permanent residence and attending a mandatory visa interview with a Consular official who will decide your eligibility for a visa. applicants aged under 14 or over 79 do not have to attend an interview. Some countries require two interviews.
Satisfaction Guaranteed

We stand behind the quality of our services.